Saturday, September 15, 2012

Time To Explain

Alright, I'm able to stay awake for now, so I'll elaborate on what happened to me two days ago. Against my better judgment, I joined my school's orienteering team. For those that don't know, orienteering is when you run through the forest with only a compass and a map.I know, bad idea, but I won't let It ruin what I enjoy doing.

Anyway, we went to a nearby orienteering course to practice for a competition on Sunday. As I made my way through the course, I caught up with another teammate, the team captain, and we worked our way forward at a good pace, until we became confused where the next marker was. At this point, another runner caught up with us, and the three of us found it shortly after. As we were running , the others ahead of me jumped over some deadfall. As I jumped over, I was about to land just fine, when something grabbed my ankle and pulled my leg from under me, and it made me land on my leg wrong. It was hard as granite, and it chilled me to the bone. As the others came to see if I was okay, I hurried forward and turned to see what had snagged me.

As to be expected, there was nothing there that could have gotten me. I think It was trying to send me a message, like "You're not safe in the forest. Remember why." The others assumed I jumped wrong, and I didn't correct them.The rest of the course went without incident, though I could tell It was watching me.

I would have explained yesterday, but I was working at my school football game, and then I went from there straight to an overnight fundraiser for special needs children. I got home, and immediately passed out from exhaustion. I woke up, still tired, and decided to fill everyone in. Right, so I've gt things to do today, and then the orienteering competition tomorrow. Yes, I'm still going to that. Like I said, It is not taking away what I enjoy doing. I'll tell you guys how it goes when that finishes. Until next time.

~Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment