Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Unsettling Disturbances

I'm still not sure what to make of the events that transpired around me this weekend, but I need to tell you guys what happened.

Previous Post - Saturday
Nothing other than the usual feeling of being watched by It and the nightmares occurred. It troubles me that I've become so used to them being part of everyday life.

Sunday
My orienteering team went to another competition, at the same place I was assaulted last month. I fared better during the event then I did last time, and It only watched me, but I was disqualified for missing a point. After I returned to where we were set up, I walked down to the beach, some twenty feet away. I spotted a rock outcropping that jutted out and stopped right at the shoreline. I climbed it, and lo and behold, It was on the opposing bank of the lake.

I was filled with anger, thinking that it was time I did something to try and fight back. I sat down on the outcropping, just above the water, and entered into a meditative position, and began to exert my presence against It's own. What I had hoped to gain from this was to force It out of my head, so that I might get the nightmares to stop.

What resulted was more or less a spiritual shoving match, me trying to get It out, It trying to stay in. As this happened, I could hear the tide growing stronger, the waves becoming increasingly violent. When it finally ended, it felt like I had managed to kick It out of my head. As I climbed down the rocks, feeling triumphant, I spotted something that had washed ashore, and bent down to retrive it.

It was a black leaf, darker than the blackest of obsidian. As I held it, I felt it leaching away at my hand, draining me. A horrid sight flashed into my mind; a giant tree, a mile high at least, with massive branches that dozens of bodies hung from, their entrails hanging out like streamers. The tree itself leaked blood, and the roots covered the entire surface on which I stood. The roots started wrapping around me, crushing every bone in my body as I slowly died.

Upon snapping out of the vision, I dropped the leaf, and ground it into the sand, stomping it to pieces. As soon as I finished, the tide kicked up again, crashing onto the shore, and taking the leaf fragments with it. The nightmares are now agonizingly worse, and I'm becoming extremely exhausted. It watches me wherever I go, with only brief moments where It leaves me be. Things have become so much worse than I thought they would.

But I can't run. Not yet. I swore an oath to someone, and I plan to see it through, no matter the cost. And if that means enduring this torment for a while longer, so be it. Besides, it gives you guys some breathing room, which makes it twice as worth it. I've got to go, I'll keep in touch.

~Shadow

8 comments:

  1. woah a lot of things happened ... but it seems that you can fight him back than just do it try to enjoy your life a little bit more and as i said a long time before he gets fed by your fear so if you are laughing more enjoy your life it could get a little bit better. but a giant tree ? hmm this could be a clue or sth. but i dont know more about it sry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow the link about the giant tree, if you're interested. That tree is really bad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. i think you shouldn't go there i know its really bad right now and i wasn't on the internet since a few weeks but stuff happened in school and more. So actually i read the link and its really bad as you said but its obviously that the tree has a connection to slender man but i dont know which one it could be that he is the tree or that it is just a place where he collects his victims just try to keep away from it. i hope that things will be better

      Delete
  3. You are in a pretty mess now. Both non-human and human type.
    Not many people can "sense" Winged's sight. By this I refer to the headaches; It can see people, without being visible or tangible (but do not mistake with omnipresence, due to It can't be in two places at a time).

    The triumph feeling you wrote about, well, check again. One brother once committed genocide once, by being tricked by the Winged.

    I wouldn't recommend it, but if the headaches grow to strong, pinch one of your fingers with any sort of iron nail, anything is good, as long as it is sharp enough to inflict pain.

    Also, don't trust the Omega Millitum. Nor Azrael, Uriel, Miguel, Israfel, Rafael, (nor anyone whose nickname finish in -el, jeh). They have been searching for people like us, those who have the sense. Once they get their hands in one... let's just say the Rafael guy really likes to "open" stuff to see how they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trust no one in this world, and I doubt I'll start now. And I'll keep the iron in mind. Besides, my situation could be much worse, so I count myself lucky.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, just remember to do not do it so often, since each time you will feel less and less pain and eventually you will need to inflict more in order for the trick to work. I almost fainted once due to the loss of blood. And one last thing: it's not a good idea to post everything you do. There is not only the Omega Millitum out there who might give you chase, you know?

      Delete
    3. Yes, but who's to say I don't want to be found?

      Delete