Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Settling In

Since Shadow left to find Kiba, I've started my training to join the Resistance, and thank God I finally got the smell of puke out of my mask. According to Marcus, who apparently served in the Marine Corps, the training you get here is a stripped down version of what Marine recruits go through at Paris Island. He says I'll be going through this for about a month and a half, and if I make it to the end, I'm in the Resistance. And if you're wondering about the puke comment, I will leave it at this: Big breakfast and a three mile run do not mix well. Anyway, I brought up what Noah and Mira found to Marcus, he's going to try and get in touch with Shadow as soon as he can. I'll fill you all in when that happens.

♪Melody

4 comments:

  1. Military training, aah, memories... I didn't get breakfast until I'd done the morning routine, I thought Incognito was doing that for the discipline factor, now I see it was in the interests of my health. Oh, but if I didn't get up at the right time, I wouldn't get breakfast.

    Training is kinda hard on an emotional level too, you get tired and grumpy. Make sure you completely trust the person who is training you. At the end of the day, they have your survival and health in mind, they'll take care of you if you get injured or if you're emotionally overwhelmed. Which you will be; I once finished my morning routine and burst into tears over what seemed like nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, Marcus didn't tell me when we were starting until after I had eaten, the sneaky old man. I trust him to train me well though, seeing as he's trained everyone before me, and they seem like they know how to handle themselves.

      ♪Melody

      Delete
  2. Are you guys still alive? Don't want everyone to start falling off the radar again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're still here. I'm just a little busy, and we had a bit of a shock. I'll have a post out soon.

      ♪Melody

      Delete