Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Developments and Old Wounds, Part Two

Hello everyone, Melody here. Before you ask, no I didn't kill and or attack Shadow. He just wanted me to type this up, guess so you can get an idea of what I'm like or something. Personally, I think he's mulling over what we talked about (You'll have to wait for that part, I'm not typing the whole thing in one session.) and wasn't up to making a post (I ain't thrilled about it either.). Anyway, on to the conversation:

~

After introducing myself to him, he introduced himself as Shadow. I sat across from him, and asked him the only thing I was really interested in.

"Were you lying about knowing how to get out?"

"Yes and no. I know that in order to escape a loop, you need to do something to break it, do something that makes absolutely no sense."

I sighed. Nothing can ever be simple, huh?

"Alright, what do you have in mind?"

"That's what has me stumped. All I've seen in this place is an endless field of black grass, and you. What about you? Have you found anything other than that?"

I tapped the chin of my mask, thinking for a bit, before I answered:

"I may have. But before I tell you, I'd like to have an idea of who's keeping me company. Who exactly are you?"

"I'm a Runner from Georgia, and I've been working to establish safehouses for Runners, where they can learn to defend themselves."

I decided to mess with him a bit: "My, how noble of you. Tell me, gallant knight, do you have a princess in this castle of yours?"

I didn't get a physical reaction, but I swear I saw a hint of pain in his eyes as he answered: "No. She was killed by the Slender Man."

Shit: "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

I decided to get off that topic as quickly as possible: "So, uh, how'd you end up in here?"

"I honestly have no idea. My memory of the whole day is gone. According to a friend back in reality, I'd left with a couple of my guys to check in on our second safehouse, we split up, and neither I nor the person I was with ever made it there, though the others did."

"Hmm. Well, haven't seen anyone other than you in here, so whoever you were with is either dead, captive, or a turncoat."

"I'm hoping it's the second. What of you? How did you get put in here?"

"Who, me? I was given some orders I didn't like, told my boss to stuff it. He decided he could beat me into doing things. I was about half way through breaking his legs when Tall Dark and Faceless showed up, next thing I know he tossed me in here. Guess he doesn't like when his kiddies fight."

I chuckled as he asked his next question: "I see. Do you know how long you've been in here?"

I shook my head: "Nope, no clue. What's the date out there?"

He turned to his laptop, pulled up this blog: "The last post I put up, which was before getting you to talk to me, was labeled March 21,-"

"Oh, thank god. I haven't been here that long."

"-2014."

Bullshit.

"... You're fucking with me, right?"

"Pardon?"

"This is your way of making joke, right? There's no way it's 2014."

He was quiet for a moment before asking: "When did you get put in here?"

"January 6th, 2012."

~

♪Melody

4 comments:

  1. So I've been told.

    ♪Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed a lot of deaths.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really something you miss. That's how it's always been.

      ♪Melody

      Delete