Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Developments and Old Wounds, Part One

I'd been thinking of ways to try and convince whoever this girl was to come and talk to me, but so far, I wasn't getting anywhere. All she ever did was wander around, out of view of the light from my laptop, humming that same song. I still couldn't place the name of it, but it was something I knew I'd heard before, something that held personal meaning to me. And I couldn't shake the sad feeling I get hearing it either. Eventually, I went for broke, and shouted into the darkness:

"I know how to leave this loop. If you want out of here as well, I suggest you come over, or I'll leave without you."

I was completely bluffing. While I knew that I had to break the loop to get out, I hadn't figured out how yet. But regardless of that, the humming stopped immediately. It seemed she'd bought what I said. I expected her to approach, but instead it was just quiet. In the end, I sat down in the light of the laptop, closed my eyes, and waited. Eventually, something was going to happen, it was only a matter of time. Eventually, I heard a voice come from the darkness to my left:

"You really know how to get out of here?"

"Yes, I do. Interested in leaving as well?"

"How do I know you aren't trying to trick me?"

"You don't."

I heard her walk away, and it was quiet again after that. It was like that for some time. As I was getting ready to give up on her coming back, I heard her footsteps coming from in front of me. They stopped, and I opened my eyes to see her standing in front of me, in full view of the laptop's light for the first time. She was about my height, and was wearing a dark blue shirt, jeans, boots, and an old black leather jacket. What I could see of her skin had a somewhat olive tone to it, darker than I had guessed from the fleeting glanced I'd been going off of. She had fairly long black hair, and wore a white proxy mask with a simple blue music note on its right cheek. She waved at me, and introduced herself.

"Hey there. I'm Melody."

~Shadow

2 comments:

  1. The way you described me until now made me sound so stalkerish. That's a bit unfair, don't you think?

    ♪Melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were following me in the dark, humming loud enough for me to hear, and refusing to acknowledge any of my attempts to start a conversation. I'm fairly certain that qualifies as stalking.

      ~Shadow

      Delete